Monday, September 5, 2011

Dressing Up DOES Feel Good

Today is Labor Day and it totally blows that I had to work, but I wasn't going to let the work or kids get me down. Since I hated having to work today, I thought dressing up would make it all better, and it kinda did.

I read an article a few days about about why a person (particularly a girl) should dress up everyday. I thought all the reasons were good reasons; why not dress up? I didn't know that dressing up could actually make you feel better. I did it today and got a lot of compliments and I also did feel good. (Here's the link by the by) http://www.collegefashion.net/fashion-tips/25-reasons-why-you-should-dress-up-every-day/

I wish I was cool enough to take an awesome photo and post it but I guess I'll have to just describe it. I wore an off-white t-shirt that I got at Victoria's Secret a few years ago, a black blazer I got on sale at Target, a cheetah print scarf from Marshall's, high-waisted, rolled jeans from American Eagle and some flip flops. I wore my hair in a pony tail and wore just eyeliner. Its a bummer I didn't have someone else to dress for, like a hunky dude, BUT I dressed nicely for myself and ended up having a really good day. I think it would've been a little sad if I hadn't put any effort towards my outfit.

Perhaps tomorrow on my day off, I'll dress up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment